Distinguished by its updated sleeker and lighter weight design, the Viltrox AF 85mm f/1.8 XF II is the second-generation of this portrait-length prime designed for FUJIFILM X-mount mirrorless cameras. The lens’s short-telephoto focal length pairs with the bright f/1.8 design to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions and also for controlling depth of field and isolating subject matter.
The Viltrox AF 85mm f/1.8 XF II optical design comprises one extra-low dispersion element, one aspherical element, and four elements made from highly transparent glass, which all help to reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations in order to realize high clarity and sharpness. An HD Nano multi-layer coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast when working in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, the lens features an STM motor for quick, quiet autofocus performance along with a minimum focusing distance of 2.6′ for working with close-up subjects.
Viltrox AF 85mm f/1.8 XF II features
- Mark II of this lens sports a more svelte and lighter weight design for greater versatility and portability.
- Portrait-length prime is designed for APS-C-format FUJIFILM X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers a wealth of control over focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Viltrox AF 85mm f/1.8 XF II has one extra-low dispersion element and four elements made from highly transparent glass contribute to reducing a variety of aberrations in order to produce well-corrected imagery with accurate color and no color fringing.
- One large-diameter aspherical element minimizes distortion and spherical aberrations in order to produce high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- HD Nano multi-layer coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce flare and ghosting for improved contrast. Also, this coating is water-resistant to help protect the exposed surfaces from moisture.
- STM autofocus motor delivers quiet and precise focusing performance along with a minimum focusing distance of 2.6′.
- Electronic contacts convey Exif data as well as permit camera-based aperture selection. Additionally, an integrated USB port permits updating the lens’s firmware.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Included lens hood shades the front element from flare-causing stray light and also offers some additional physical protection.
There are no reviews yet.