The Viltrox AF 56mm for Nikon Z F1.4 is a compact portrait-length prime lens designed for Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras.
The short telephoto focal length pairs with a bright f/1.4 maximum aperture to help achieve notable control over depth of field and also benefits working in difficult lighting situations.
The optical design incorporates extra-low dispersion and high refractive index elements, too, to reduce various aberrations and distortion for high clarity, color accuracy, and sharpness.
Complementing the optics, the Viltrox AF 56mm for Nikon Z design also incorporates an STM stepping motor that affords fast, near-silent, and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design also contributes to quick performance. Additionally, the lens features an integrated micro-USB port for making future firmware updates to the lens. The lens’s black finish matches similarly styled cameras.
The Viltrox AF 56mm for Nikon Z is a prime portrait-length lens is designed for APS-C-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras and provides an 85mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field.
- One extra-low dispersion element reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve a high degree of clarity and color accuracy.
- One high refractive index element helps to control spherical aberrations and reduce distortion in order to realize high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- STM stepping motor enables quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Additionally, an internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during use for improved handling and quicker response.
- Integrated manual aperture ring for tactile exposure control; this ring also features an ‘A’ position for automated, camera-based aperture selection.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Integrated micro-USB port can be used to update the lens’s firmware.